Tuesday, April 12, 2011

It's the Little Things

Today I checked two things off of ever growing lists (I have 3) and added three more little things. I'm slowly discovering that, "I just have to... But it's only... Just a quick email to... I'll just run to..." really adds up. 

It's not the big things that I find intimidating right now.  Selling my house? Not too worried. Yet. Selling my car? I've got a plan in place. Selling my stuff? I'm kind of loving the idea of upcoming garage sales. Learning to teach new curricula? Can't wait.

It's the little things. 

Finishing the paperwork for my benefits package. 
Figuring out how to transfer a prescription to China.
Getting inoculated so as to avoid Japanese Encephalitis. 
Organizing receipts for reimbursement.
Shopping for a new climate.

I'm managing though.  Again, the little things are getting me through.

A hug from our administrative assistant.
Hunting the Daring Jumping Spider at the greenhouse.
The Karate Kid and brownies.
Teaching well. Daily.
Statements like, "Reading this makes me want to grow corn again." from the mouths of my students. (Huh?)
Good solid tears.

I know this is just the beginning of my list making and checking. I look forward to the little things.

1 comment:

  1. I so identify with this :)
    Let me help a little with your little things, though. Don't bother with the Japanese Encephalitis immunization, and don't transfer you're prescription. Bring as much as your insurance will allow, as well as a written prescription in hand. Then get to a dr. within a few weeks and have them fill it. And I've got a great dr for you to go to.
    Enjoy the shopping :) Think light fabrics - cotton and linen.

    ReplyDelete